How to Setup your Screen Saver
This article will explain how to set up your screen saver with password protection for Windows 2000 and XP systems.
Do the following:
- Right click on a open area on your desktop.
- A grey dialog box will appear.
- At the bottom of the dialog box is a selection called "Properties". Select "Properties".
- The below dialog box will appear:
- Click on the screen saver tab and the dialog box will look similar to:
- Select the drop down box below the word "Screen Saver" which is below the picture of the monitor.
- Select one of the available screen savers.
- Check the checkbox next to "Password protected".
- To the right side of the "Password protected" checkbox, there is a box labeled "Wait". This indicates how long since your last activity it will take for the screen saver to start. Set this value to a number between 5 and 15 minutes. The dialog box should now look similar to:
- Click "OK" to save your settings and exit the dialog box.
- After your screen saver password turns on if you press a key on your keyboard or move your mouse you will get a dialog box telling you that you must press the CTRL, ALT, and DEL keys simultaneously and enter your password. You will need to use your password you logged onto your system with to turn the screen saver off.