- VPN Introduction
- IPSEC Introduction
- IPSEC Security Associations
- Authentication Header
- IPSEC Encapsulating Security Payloads
- Key Management
- AH - Authentication header
- Address Management - For clients, a private address must be assigned and kept private
- Authentication - Users must be authenticated to be sure no unauthorized persons are using the VPN. A security policy server may be used for this function. Digital certificates may be used for stronger authentication. A certificate server may be used to generate digital certificates.
- IP Sec - Internet Protocol Security
- Key Management - Encryption keys must be generated.
- SA - Security associations used to specify the security protocol to be used for IP Sec.
- Tunneling (Encryption) - Data packets are encrypted, encapsulated into another protocol and transmitted between two locations