Version 0.6.0, October 1, 2000
This CGI tutorial will explain the operation of the Common Gateway Interface (CGI). This will allow the reader of this CGI tutorial to better understand the mechanism that allows communication between the webserver and the client browser program.
This document covers:
- The methods that are used to send form data (from web page forms) to the web server.
- Methods used to run (call) a server side script to read the form data.
- An example CGI transfer is shown.
- An example CGI script is shown.
- CGI variables are explained with examples.