- appCodeName - The name of the browser's code such as "Mozilla".
- appMinorVersion - The minor version number of the browser.
- appName - The name of the browser such as "Microsoft Internet Explorer" or "Netscape Navigator".
- appVersion - The version of the browser which may include a compatability value and operating system name.
- cookieEnabled - A boolean value of true or false depending on whether cookies are enabled in the browser.
- cpuClass - The type of CPU which may be "x86"
- mimeTypes - An array of MIME type descriptive strings that are supported by the browser.
- onLine - A boolean value of true or false.
- platform - A description of the operating system platform. In my case it is "Win32" for Windows 95.
- plugins - An array of plug-ins supported by the browser and installed on the browser.
- systemLanguage - The language being used such as "en-us".
- userAgent - In my case it is "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows 95)" which describes the browser associated user agent header.
- userLanguage - The languge the user is using such as "en-us".
- taintEnabled() - Returns a boolean telling if the browser has tainting enabled. Tainting is a security protection mechanism for data.
Most Navigator objects have corresponding HTML tags. Refer to the appropriate object section for more information.
- MimeType - Allows access to information about MIME types supported by the browser.
- plugin - Access to information about all plugins the browser supports. <EMBED>
- window - The browser frame or window.
- frame- Allows access to all frames in the window. <FRAME>
- history - The URLs previously accessed in a window.
- location - Represents a URL.
- document - The HTML document loaded in the window. <BODY>
- anchor object anchors array - Allows access to all anchors in the document. <A NAME="">
- applet - Allows access to all applets in the document.
- area - Allows access to an area in a client image map. <MAP>
- image object images array - Allows access to all images in the document. <IMG>
- link object links array - Allows access to all links in the document. <A HREF="">
- layer - Allows access to HTML layers.
- forms - Allows access to all forms in the document. <FORM>
- button - Allows access to a form button exclusive of a submit or reset button. <INPUT TYPE="button">
- checkbox - Allows access to a formcheckbox. <INPUT TYPE="checkbox">
- element - Allows access to buttons or fields in a form.
- FileUpLoad - Allows access to a form file upload element. <INPUT TYPE="file">
- hidden - Allows access to a form hidden field. <INPUT TYPE="hidden">
- password - Allows access to a form password field. <INPUT TYPE="password">
- radio - Allows access to a form radio button set. <INPUT TYPE="radio">
- reset - Allows access to a form reset button.. <INPUT TYPE="reset">
- select - Allows access to a form selected list with the option allowing access to selected elements in the select list. <SELECT>
- submit - Allows access to a form submit button. <INPUT TYPE="submit">
- text - Allows access to a form text field. <INPUT TYPE="text">
- textarea - Allows access to a form text area field. <TEXTAREA>
- embeds - Allows access to embedded plug ins.