9 Project Testing Phase
A test plan is required, and one or more test results reports should be created as software is tested. A software test plan should be created prior to the start of testing. As testing is done, program defects are corrected and documented.
- Unit Testing - Technical staff test the functionality of code modules.
- System Testing - Technical staff test the system's ability to perform the requirements of the design specification and functional requirements specification.
- Load testing - The technical staff may test the system's ability to handle its maximum load or try to find the system's maximum load capability.
- Integration testing - Users and technical staff test integrated software componet interfaces to be sure internal modules work well together.
- Functional Testing - Users test the application for functional capability against the functional requirements specification.
- End to end testing - Users and technical staff test the ability of the application to interface to its components such as its databases, hardware, or other parts of the system.
- Acceptance testing - Users test the application for functionality to determine whether the performance is acceptable.
The following documents will be created or started:
- Software Testing Report should be created.
- User's Guide should be completed.
- Training Plan should be created.
- Software Installation Manual should be completed.