- Artifact - A document used for documentation, design, or analysis which may be composed of combinations of text or graphics.
- Authority - Legitimate power with ability to reward or punish or at least be backed up by upper management.
- Conflict - Interference with another's ability to perform tasks, achieve goals, or get resources.
- CRC Cards - Class, Responsibilities, Collaborators index cards.
- Iteration - Part of a project during which specific functionality is added in a limited set period of time.
- Matrix management - Management structure where areas of speciality are in one labor pool such as engineering with management over that pool and other managers that manage projects and utilize individuals from various labor pools.
- Metric - A means of measuring some aspect of team performance such as project velocity. This metric is posted for team viewing.
- Proactive - Anticipating events such as problems, markets, trends, and consumer demands and planning ahead for them.
- Project velocity - The ratio between estimated time and real calender time
- Reactive - Reacting to events when they occur with little to no anticipation of events.
- Release - A new version of the product is produced for the customer.
- Tiger team - A temporary team with a specific purpose.