|This icon is used to configure your printer. If your printer is supported it will be detected and installed.|
I suggest before you run this wizard go to install packages and install:
- Click yes to continue, you will be prompted to insert the CD for the packages required to complete the installation and click OK.
Note: Before I could do this printer installation, I installed the LPRng-3.8.12-2mdk
After all packages are installed the next options are presented:
If your printer is not detected in the first screen, you can still try to add it manually.
- Click on Add new printer
- Your welcome printer wizard is displayed
- Select one of the three auto detection options to continue
The wizard goes through the detection, and the printer detected will be displayed.
- Make sure the detected printer is selected and Click Ok
Enter the printer name here and also the printer location if you want.
The Printer drake wizard compares the detected printer at the bottom of the detected result you have two options
When you click the model is correct, or Ok from the manually selection. The print test option is displayed. Select the test option and click on Print.
The print test will be sent to the printer and you will receive a message saying, was the print successful?
- If the print test was successful, answer yes
- Click done.
If you answered no, the printer configuration is displayed to correct the settings.
- Select the print test again
- The print test mode
Your printer should be now functioning. If for any reason your printer is not working, browse the Internet and find out if your printer is supported.