Debugging Linux Programs
gdb debugger commands
See the gdb(1) man page for more information on the gdb program. Below are listed some commands:
- file - Loads the exe file.
- kill - Terminates the program being debugged.
- list - List sections of the source code.
- next - Advances one line of source code in the current function and steps into other functions.
- run - Executes the program that is being debugged.
- quit - Ends gdb.
- watch - Enables you to tell the value of a variable when it changes.
- break - Set a break point.
- make - Remake the exe program without quitting gdb.
- shell - Run a UNIX shell command without leaving gdb.