Windows NT Server Control Panel
This section only describes control panel applets and features not described in the NT Workstation Guide.
- Licensing - Allows software package licenses to be added.
- Mail - Microsoft Mail client control.
- Microsoft Mail Postoffice - Setup and control of the messaging server Microsoft mail post office.
- ODBC - ODBC database information routing control. Need database software or IIS ti be installed for this applet to be visible.
- MacFile - Allows setup of AppleShare services for Macintosh clients. Services for Macintosh must be installed for this applet to appear.
- GSNW - Gateway services for NetWare. Services for Netware must be installed for this applet to appear.
- Monitoring Agent - Network monitor tools and agent must be installed for this to appear.
- RAS - One of modem, ISDN, or X.25 must be installed to use this applet. The modems applet is used to install modems, ISDN, or X.25.
- Server - Tells who is connected, see shared resources, directory replication. This applet is included with NTWS but can be used to control users and shares on the domain so it is noteworthy here.
- Users - Shows users logged onto the domain and where they are logged on from.
- Shares - Shows resource name and path along with connected users.
- In Use - Shows resources being used and the associated permissions.
- Replication - Allows setup of directory replication.
- Alerts - Controls where administrative alerts are sent