Windows NT User Profiles
User profiles are stored in the system registry in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER subtree.
- Clock, and calendar settings - Accessories
- Program Items - Taskbar
- Screen colors - Control Panel
- Personal program groups
- Network connections - windows NT explorer
- Printer connections
- Mouse settings - Control panel
- Start menu
- User configurable applications
Local user profiles are stored in the \WINNT_ROOT\Profiles folder. There should be a folder with the user name in this directory. When a user first logs on, the system will create a folder for them. It will use the contents of the "Default user" folder to do this. The user's profile folder contains a file with the name of the user and a ".DAT" extension, "NTUSER.DAT". The control panel System applet user profiles tab is used to copy user profiles from one location to another.