Windows NT Network Sharing
- No Access
- Change - Can view, add, delete, and change files and subdirectories and execute applications.
- Read - Can view files and subdirectories and execute applications.
- Full Control
The default network share permission is for the everyone group to have full control. If a user is a member of several groups, the highest share permission level is given unless no access applies to one of the groups or the user.
Resource Sharing Programs
It seems that Windows Explorer is used to manage remote NTFS permissions and shared printers on clients with the remote administrative tools added. However, Server Manager is used to share a directory on a remote computer.
- My Computer
- Windows Explorer
- Server Manager
- Command line utility called "Winfile".
- NET Share command from DOS.
Only Administrators or server operators can share folders on NT servers. Share names can be up to 12 characters long.
- Not Shared or:
- Shared As (Share name textbox)
- Comment (textbox)
- User Limit (Choice of "Maximum allowed" radio button or "Allow" with the number in box.
- Permissions button
On clients that have administrative tools added, Windows NT Explorer is used to manage remote NTFS permissions and shared printers.
Browse List Viewing