Windows NT Events and Messages
The event view may be used to view system and audited events. To start the event viewer, select "Start", "Programs", "Administrative Tools", and "Event Viewer". Selecting "Log" and "Log Settings" on the menu will allow modification of how the log file is handled, including its maximum size and how soon recorded events are dropped when the log file reaches its maximum allowed size.
System Events and Error Types
- Information - A blue "i" represents this event. A significant event has occurred, but the event is not a critical event.
- Warning - A Yellow exclamation point represents this event type. This is a caution indication a possible significant event which may or may not affect future operations.
- Error - A red stop sign represents this event type. Indicates a problem that has caused a failure of service.
Security Log errors:
- Success Audit - A Key symbol represents this event type. A successful audited security event occurred.
- Failure Audit - A lock symbol represents this event type. A failed audited security event has occurred.