Windows NT Programs
At installation, the following program groups are created.
- Accessories - Includes applications like notepad, communications accessories and graphics.
- Administrative Tools - Includes User Manager, Backup, Performance Monitor, and Disk Administrator.
- Applications - Other programs to be installed on your hard drive.
- Main - Windows NT system programs such as File Manager and Control Panel.
- Startup - Applications that start when the user logs on.
Created program groups
- Personal program groups can be created by users.
- Common program groups can be created by administrators. These groups are displayed when users log on.
- Explorer.exe - The normal shell.
Creating a Program Group
How to create a new program group:
- Right click on "Start".
- Select "Open All Uers".
- Select "file", "new", and "folders" to create new folders.
- Programs or shortcuts may be placed in these folders to make them accessible from a group in the "Start" menu.
As an administrator, a "common program group" may be created. As a user, a "personal program group" may be created.