Windows NT System Services
NT System services are controlled using the Control Panel, Services applet. The following is a list of some services:
- Workstation - Allows your computer to access resources on another computer.
- Server - Allows other computers to access resources on your computer.
- Task Scheduler - Allows tasks scheduled using the AT command to be performed.
- Spooler - Print spool
- Remote access connection manager
- Remote access server
- Computer Browser - Supports browsing on other computers and browsing on this computer for other computers.
- Protected Storage
- Novell Workstation Manager
- Norton Program Scheduler
- NAV Auto-Protect
- Net Logon - Allows users to log on and on PDCs and BDCs, coordinates the SAM database replication.
- Event Log
- DHCP Client
- RPC Service
- RPC Locator