Managing Windows 2000 Services
The services on the computer can be managed through the Computer Management utility or the MMC. To manage a cervice open the Services window in one of the utilities and double click on the service to manage. The service properties dialog box will open.
Service Properties Dialog Box
- Name of the service
- Path to the program that provides the service
- How the service is started such as manual.
- Buttons alowing the service to be started, stopped, paused, or resumed.
- Log On - Configure the account used to run the service. A hardware profile the service is to be associated with can be selected. The service can be enabled or disabled in each hardware profile.
- Recovery - Set action to take if the service fails or fails to start on the first, second or additional failures.
- No action
- Restart the service
- Run a file
- Reboot the system
- Dependencies - shows services that must run before the selected service can run. These are services the selected service depends on to run.