Windows 2000 Server
Windows 2000 Server is used primarily for web, application, print and file servers.
- Up to 4 Gigabytes of RAM.
- Up to 4 microprocessors.
Features not provided by Windows 2000 Professional
Windows 2000 server can be a domain controller with the ability to have a read/write copy of Active Directory data.
- Disk Quotas - Disk space use is tracked for each user.
- DFS - Distributed file system support. Shares that are stored on various remote computers can appear as one share
- Supported Servers:
- Internet Information Server
- SQL Server
- Exchange Server
- Systems Management Server
- RADIUS - Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service
- SNA Server
- Network Protocols
- Routing Protocols
- RIP version 2 (Routing Information Protocol)
- OSPF - Open shortest path first.
- ATM - Asynchronous Transfer Mode.