Windows 2000 Services
Add "Gateway and Client Services for NetWare", installing from the CDROM. The GSNW and CSNW are installed as one piece since both are required to support the gateway. On the NetWare server, create a group calleds NTGATEWAY. Create a user in the NTGATEWAY group on the NetWare Server or NDS tree that has rights to the resources to be shared.
This service sends SNMP trap messages (Messages when siginificant network events or errors occur) to computers configured to receive traps. They can be recorded in event logs. The tabs in the SNMP properties box:
- Log On
- Community name - The computer must have the correct community name to send traps to another computer.
- Trap destinations - List of computers where trap messages are sent.
Connection to a Remote Access Server Tabs:
- Security - Options:
- Validate my identity as follows: with options of "Allow unsecured password", Require secured password", or "Use smart card".
- Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)
- Require data encryption (disconnect if none)
- Advanced (custom settings) - Manually select authentication methods and data encryption or not.
- Show terminal window - Display a terminal window when the connection is started.
- Run script - A script that automates the connection process is run.
All connections except dial-in connections can be renamed.